Owl-phabet Tree Rug
Owl-phabet Tree Rug
- Delivery 3 - 7 Business Days
Enjoy Comfort and Style with the Perfect Classroom Rug
Give a hoot to learning with the Owl-phabet Tree Classroom Rug. The leaves each have their own letter of the alphabet in nature's colors. This popular commercial quality area rug is used in school, daycares and places where children gather.
Sizes:, 4' x 6', 6' x 9', 8' x 12', 8'4 x 13'4
It's like a magnet for little learners. Floortime just became much more fun! Children will love singing their ABC's via the learning tree and friendly owl. Teachers can also use as a seating rug on the bigger sizes.
Great for seating or developing gross motor skills where children can hop around letter to letter. This commercial quality rug is perfect for animal-loving children who are learning their A to Z's. 🦉
- Anti Static and Carpet Stain Protection*
Meets NFPA 253, Class 1 Firecode
- Double-stitched serged edges
- Assists in allergen particle control
- Meets the CRI's Green Label Plus certification
*Features True Stain Blocker Technology - Makes clean up a cinch using only hot water extraction with no harsh chemicals necessary. Tested to ensure carpets provide safe area for children to learn and play while supporting your efforts to provide a clean and healthy environment.
Item 20728 Made by Carpets for Kids
Play Bean Bag Alert in class:
Using your alphabet rug for classroom activities ensures that you’re making the most out of it. A rug that is multi-functional and well-used is always a bonus to teachers and school administrators alike, so identifying activities appropriate to the age-range and skills of your students.
Educational rugs and activities that help children with phonics are an excellent pairing. Throw in a little physical exercise for good measure and you’ll have a happy class at the end of the day.
For this activity, you’ll need 3 beanbags and enough space beyond the rug for a child to have a good attempt at a throw. You’ll also need to make sure that the children have already been taught the basics so that the game acts more as a refresher than a new learning experience.
This will help the confidence of the children involved, ensuring that they feel able to participate without feeling as though they’ll get the game wrong. This will also help create a positive environment for learning that will help them develop as a class as well as individuals.
Get the children involved in their learning with this activity:
- Assign an order to the children. This could be the roll call order or something more random. The first child to go will have the beanbags.
- As the group leader, call out a letter. The child has to first say a word that starts with the letter then they have to throw the bean bag and hit the relevant letter. Each time they miss, they get to take say the work again, take a step closer, and try again until they hit the letter.
- Everyone claps
- After the first child has finished, then call out the letter for the next child.
- The game can go on for one round or more depending on time constraints.
This activity is not only good for the child’s mind, it also improves their motor skills as they aim the beanbag at the right spot. To make it as fun a game as possible, why not ask the children what they’d like to include?
As the year goes on, expand their vocabulary and use words from new spelling lists. This is an activity that can continually evolve and become personalized to your classroom style.
Delivery 3 - 7 Business Days
- This rug ships factory direct from Georgia.
- Ground delivery is 3 - 7 Business Days
- We will email you the tracking number when your order ships.
We were very pleased with this rug for our classroom!