The inventory of factory seconds is constantly changing. If you place an order for a rug that is not available, we will notify you once the manufacturer provides us with an update.
Important Notice: This rug is a factory second
Because you are purchasing a "factory second", the rug cannot be returned for any reason unless damaged during shipping. All factory second rugs are sold AS IS without a warranty.
The Reading by the Book Rectangle Area Rug
was designed specifically for library and school room reading or circle time areas. Each letter of the alphabet is displayed on its own book with a cute image helping children connect the sound of each letter.
Each Square for the 7'6" x 12'" is 17" x 23" and 19" x 26" for the 8'4" x 13'4".
Sizes & Prices:
- 5'10" x 8'4" Rectangle - $179.95
- 7'6" x 12' Rectangle - $279.95
- 6'8" x 13'4" Semi Circle - $299.95
- 8'4" x 13'4" Rectangle - $329.95
About Factory Second Classroom Rugs:
We have been given access to a small inventory of irregular classroom rugs that do not meet the rigid first quality standards of the Carpets for Kids team. We realize that schools on smaller budgets are looking for a special deal and these rugs are the answer.
Although called irregular, this rug is considered a Class A second that may include a few small dye spots or other minor optical defect like a slight a backing flaw or a seam that hasn't been sewn perfectly straight.
This line of factory seconds have Carpets for Kids' 1st Quality serge and are of good construction (e.g. no holes or tears).
Find alphabet, geography, shapes & numbers classroom rugs at SensoryEdge.
IMPORTANT CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
This rug is treated with "Carpet Guard" chemistry which provides excellent soil and stain protection.
There are a couple of cleaning methods that can be used on the Printed Collection & KIDply® Soft Solid carpets:
Whole rug & Spot Cleaning:
Over the counter "dry cleaners" will do the job. They are good because they can be vacuumed out of the rug and not leave any residue.
The main thing to avoid is any cleaner with bleach or strong chemicals that would cause the dye to run. It is always good to try an area for colorfastness before using something across a large area of the rug.
Fire Code Information
- DO use approved powdered dry cleaning products
- DO spot test with cleaner, for color fastness before using over larger areas
- When cleaning, always blot, NEVER scrub abrasively. This may create a fuzzy area
- When vacuuming, DO NOT vacuum over serge (which is not covered under warranty). This can cause serge yarn to become frayed, and torn
- DO NOT use Bonnet System cleaning method
- DO NOT saturate carpet with wet solution