The Dewey Decimal Teachers Rug
is a great educational carpet for classrooms, libraries and play areas. Children will have fun on this rug, reading about Dinosaurs, literature, and more! The Dewey Decimal Classification was developed by Melvil Dewey in 1876, and has since then been modified and expanded through 22 major revisions.
The system is a type of classification typically used by libraries to classify nonfictional publications into subject categories. The subject is indicated by a three-digit numeral and further specification is given by numerals following a decimal point. Publications are shelved by number.
The Dewey system attempts to organize all knowledge into ten main classes. The ten main classes are then further subdivided. Each main class has ten divisions, and each division has ten sections. Hence the system can be summarized in 10 main classes, 100 divisions and 1000 sections.Size
: 8'3 x 11'8
- Lifetime Anti-Microbial Protection
- Anti Static Protection
- Double-stitched serged edges
- Carpet stain protection
- Assists in allergen particle control
- Meets NFPA 253, Class 1 Firecode
This rug meets the CRI's Green Label Plus certification, the most stringent testing standard in the industry. Indoor Air Quality Information
IMPORTANT CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
This rug is treated with "Carpet Guard" chemistry which provides soil and stain protection.
There are a couple of cleaning methods that can be used on the Printed Collection carpets:Whole rug & Spot Cleaning:
Over the counter "dry cleaners" will do the job. They are good because they can be vacuumed out of the rug and not leave any residue.
Avoid any cleaner with bleach or strong chemicals that might cause the dye to run.
- DO use approved powdered dry cleaning products
- DO spot test with cleaner, for color fastness before using over larger areas
- When cleaning, always blot, NEVER scrub abrasively
- When vacuuming, DO NOT vacuum over serge (which is not covered under warranty). This can cause serge yarn to become frayed, and torn
- DO NOT use Bonnet System cleaning method
- DO NOT saturate carpet with wet solution
Made in North America by : Carpets for Kids