The Orbiter Model is a scientific working unit representing the sun, earth, and moon and their relationships. The Orbiter is designed to demonstrate basic earth and moon motions and to explain the causes of day and night, seasons, and phases of the moon.
Basic Investigations with the Orbiter are:
- How the earth's rotation causes day and night
- How the earth's revolution around the sun and the tilt of its axis causes seasons
- Why the sun rises in the east and sets in the west
- Why there is a midnight sun
- Why there are eclipses and more
Numerous study project and experiments may be conducted with Orbiters to expand interest and increase knowledge of the subject. Several ideas and projects are suggested.
Special Notice: The arm, the Earth and the Moon of this orbiter rotate manually around the Sun. The tilt of the Earth is kept in a static position as it is rotated.
Size: 25.5" x 16" x 10.50"
Weight 5.31 lbs
Grades 3 - 12
Made by American Educational Products
This model can be plugged into a standard wall outlet (UL approved €š¬‚¬œ 6' power cord) to illuminate the Sun to effectively demonstrate daylight, night, seasons, and phases of the Moon. The Sun, Earth and Moon manually revolve around one another on this gear-driven model. The earth and moon are shown in true scale. The scale is 1 inch = 2000 miles. If the sun were to be shown at the same scale, it would be approximately 36 feet in diameter! Arm is 15", Sun is 6", and the Earth is 4" in diameter. This 8 page Lesson Plan includes basic investigations and activities on the following topics.
- Day and Night
- The Seasons
- The Moon
- Observations and Activities
- FREE SHIPPING on ALL orders within the connected 48 United States
Most Items are shipped factory direct. Shipping times vary by manufacturer. Please see the shipping time information above the add to cart button to determine shipping and or delivery times.
- Since the majority of the items we sell are shipped factory direct, orders with more than one item might arrive in multiple boxes on different days.
- If you have any questions about our shipping times please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-734-8019.
- We will be happy to help you with returns within 30 days of you receiving the product. You must e-mail us at email@example.com or call 1-800-734-8019 to receive authorization and shipping information as that may be different from the information on your box label.
SensoryEdge specializes in waiting room toys, classroom rugs, children's furniture, and educational toys. In addition to a great selection, we have many reasons to buy from us. We have been a leader in these industries since 2003. A customer-centered shopping experience has always been our goal and we pride ourselves in giving you a great experience from start to finish. Shop with us today and see the SensoryEdge difference.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should buy from us:
- Experience means we are a brand you can trust.
- Professional, knowledgeable and prompt support
- Years worth of satisfied customers
- Secure https: Online Shopping
- We take Purchase Orders from Commercial Customers & Public Entities like schools, hospitals, WICS, & YMCA's
- Written Quotes are provided upon request
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
People who buy from us come back for more.