Having a rug in your classroom is like having another teacher. Not only do they add color and style but there are other great reasons that young children will benefit when a commercial quality rug is put in place.
Noise reduction - Research shows that background noise from inside and outside the classroom negatively affects learning, especially for young children who require optimal conditions for hearing and comprehension. As a result, school districts, voluntarily or by state mandate, are adopting classroom acoustics standards. Carpets helps meet these standards because it is 10 times more efficient in reducing noise compared to other flooring options.
Safety - Rugs cushion the impact of slips and falls and lessens the chance of injury. This is borne out by a study of 225 "slip and fall incidents" from hospital records of older patients. Of the group falling on carpet, only 17 percent sustained injury. In the group falling on hard surface flooring, nearly 50 percent sustained injury. 2 Injuries from falls not only lead to absenteeism, but also pose liability issues for schools.
Warmth and Comfort - Rugs "feel" warmer in two ways. They provide actual thermal resistance, or R-value. In an independent study, carpet compared to other flooring materials, created a truly warmer building. But beyond the R-value advantage, people perceive that carpet is warmer and more comfortable. Rugs produce a comfortable place for teachers and young students to expand their learning space onto the floor. A majority of public school teachers surveyed said they preferred carpet for its comfort, noise reduction and safety benefits.
Improved indoor Air Quality - Effective school cleaning has health-related benefits. Carpets trap allergens and other particles that fall to the floor so they don't circulate in the air. Studies have been done on the distribution of airborne dust associated with normal activities on hard and carpeted flooring surfaces. Their findings showed that walking on hard surfaces disturbed more particles. These particles became airborne and entered the breathing zone. In contrast, carpeted surfaces trapped more particles so that walking disturbed fewer particles, resulting in less dust in the breathing zone.
If you need help choosing a style or size to fit your space, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
- FREE SHIPPING on ALL orders within the connected 48 United States
Most Items are shipped factory direct. Shipping times vary by manufacturer. Please see the shipping time information above the add to cart button to determine shipping and or delivery times.
- Since the majority of the items we sell are shipped factory direct, orders with more than one item might arrive in multiple boxes on different days.
- If you have any questions about our shipping times please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-734-8019.
- We will be happy to help you with returns within 30 days of you receiving the product. You must e-mail us at email@example.com or call 1-800-734-8019 to receive authorization and shipping information as that may be different from the information on your box label.
SensoryEdge specializes in waiting room toys, classroom rugs, children's furniture, and educational toys. In addition to a great selection, we have many reasons to buy from us. We have been a leader in these industries since 2003. A customer-centered shopping experience has always been our goal and we pride ourselves in giving you a great experience from start to finish. Shop with us today and see the SensoryEdge difference.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should buy from us:
- Experience means we are a brand you can trust.
- Professional, knowledgeable and prompt support
- Years worth of satisfied customers
- Secure https: Online Shopping
- We take Purchase Orders from Commercial Customers & Public Entities like schools, hospitals, WICS, & YMCA's
- Written Quotes are provided upon request
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
People who buy from us come back for more.