Like a hand on your shoulder, the pair of Wrap Around Weighted Sashes provide the wearer a little extra pressure on the body that can improve attention. Research has consistently shown pressure on the skin and extra work for the joints and muscles provide a calming and focusing effect for kids who tend to fidget. Worn for up to 30 minutes at a time, Wrap Arounds can help improve attention during learning times such as circle time, independent work time and meal time.
- Small 3" x 14"
- Medium 3" x 15"
- Large 3" x 16"
- Xtra Large 3" x 17"
Wrap Arounds have an elastic band to which a fidget object may be attached. Occupational therapists often suggest the use of a hand held fidget object to encourage focus and to keep hands to oneself. A fidget object can be attached to the elastic band so when the child lets go of the object it stays at their side ready for the next time they need to fidget.
Children who move and fidget a lot are often on the receiving end of statements such as "don't do this" or "stop that". Using positive statements such as "get your Wrap Arounds" or "use your fidget" instead of negative statements such as "stop moving" or "don't touch so-and-so" gives opportunity for positive interaction. This can help children feel they are part of a solution and not part of a problem.
Wrap Arounds are great for toddlers through Kindergarten-aged children. They have been found to be especially helpful during meal times and sit and listen times. These can be used along with the Lapper when a child needs higher intensity weighted input to help them stay in one place and focus.
Wrap Arounds work well for any fidgety kid but are particularly effective if your child struggles with the effects of any of the following difficulties or disorders: anxiety, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) or Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
Maximum wearing time recommendation is 15 - 30 minutes per occasion. Multiple occasions may be appropriate throughout the day and should be used under the supervision of an adult.
Made with 100% cotton corduroy and filled with a non-toxic and hypoallergenic PET pellet material which is BPA and phthalate free. A non-latex elastic loop is also provided on each Wrap Around.
Manufactured in the USA!
- FREE SHIPPING on ALL orders within the connected 48 United States
- Most Items are shipped factory direct so ship times vary by manufacturer. Please see the shipping time information above the add to cart button to determine the how long it takes each product to ship.
- Since the majority of the items we sell are shipped factory direct, orders with more than one item might arrive in multiple boxes on different days.
- If you have any questions about our shipping times please email us at email@example.com.
- We will be happy to help you with returns within 30 days of you receiving the product. You must e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive authorization and shipping information as that may be different from the information on your box.
SensoryEdge is the world's leading online children's store specializing in waiting room toys, classroom carpets, children's furniture, and sensory based products. In addition to a great selection we have many great reasons to buy from us. We have been the leader in this industry for more than a decade and we are still a fast growing company because we always put the customer first. A customer-centered shopping experience has always been our goal and we pride ourselves in giving you a great experience from start to finish. Shop with us today and see the SensoryEdge difference.
Here are just a few of the reason why you should buy from us:
- A decade of experience means we are a brand name you can trust.
- Professional, knowledgeable and prompt support
- Years worth of satisfied customers
- Secure Online Shoping
- We take Purchase Orders from Commercial Customers & Public Entities like hospitals & schools
- Written Quotes are happily provided upon request
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
People who buy from us come back for more. We must be doing something right!
The bottom line at SensoryEdge is we love our customers, and our customers love us!