The Loopers Laces
shoelace tying system is an innovative product that successfully teaches a child the proper process of shoelace tying, step by step.
The shoelace tying system has special laces with a unique velcro closing system that provides young children with the stability to learn to tie their shoes independently.
The Shoelace Tying system includes:
- 2 practice shoes with Loopers training laces
- 2 colorful child-friendly Instruction Cards
Tying your laces is easier, less frustrating, and more fun. Loopers are recommended for Preschool and kindergarten programs, 1st–3rd grade classrooms, Occupational therapy clinics, Special education settings, Home schooling & Early intervention professionals.
How Loopers Work:
- Take each lace and cross over to make an X. Pull the top lace through the bottom of the X and pull the two laces tight
- It is best to use Loopers™ once the student has mastered or almost mastered This ability is often indicative of readiness to complete
- Form and maintain the shape of two loops (often referred to as bunny ears). Loopers makes Step 2 simple and easy to learn because the Velcro pads secure the loops. Once both of the bunny ears are formed, Step 3 can occur smoothly
- Cross both loops and pull the top loop through the opening towards you, while simultaneously pulling on the other loop
- While this step takes practice, the stabilized loops reduce frustration and enable the repetition of this step in isolation