Does your child suffer from Sensory Integration issues? If staying focused and calm is a problem you should consider weight therapy. This Soft Blue Berber Weighted Vest with Denim Trim
provides pressure and proprioceptive input which helps some kids increase their attention. We include two ½ lb weights with the vest and additional weights are sold separately. The inside pockets extra weights or can even be used to hold fidget toys (not included).
- Two 1/2 lb weights included.
- Weights can be left out and slowly added as child gets accustomed to the pressure
- One tear away tag so it can be made into a tag-less vest
- The inside of the vest is lined with a light-weight fabric
- Lining has 5 pockets to vary the weight of the vest. You can add or decrease weight according to your child’s needs.
- The front of the vest has Velcro closure with faux button closure overlay. This makes getting dressed easier, increases independence, and provides appropriate proprioceptive fine motor sensory input
- The top flap of the cargo pocket has button and snap for practicing dressing skills. This does not operate the pocket but is great for increasing dressing skills.
- The bottom Velcro flap operates the pocket and provides proprioceptive feedback through the Velcro
- Fidgets are sewn inside the pocket to help calm the child’s sensory system
- This weighted vest was designed by a sensory certified occupational therapist
Adding a weighted vest to your child’s sensory diet is an excellent way to keep them calm and attentive. Children with sensory integration issues often crave proprioceptive input (also known as deep pressure). Please remember that every child’s sensory needs are different. If your child is calmer when receiving deep pressure then a weighted vest might the right sensory clothing to help them stay regulate their bodies throughout the day.