This Soft Blue Berber Weighted Vest with Polka Dot Trim
is a great way to help your child stay calm and regulated. We include two ½ lb weights with the vest and additional weights are sold separately. The inside pockets extra weights or can even be used to hold fidget toys (not included).
- Two 1/2 lb weights included (additional weights $10.00 each)
- Weights can be left out and slowly added as child gets accustomed to the pressure
- One tear away tag so it can be made into a tag-less vest
- The inside of the vest is lined with a light-weight fabric
- Lining has 5 pockets to vary the weight of the vest. You can add or decrease weight according to your child’s needs
- The front of the vest has Velcro closure with faux button closure overlay. This makes getting dressed easier, increases independence, and provides appropriate proprioceptive fine motor sensory input
- The top flap of the cargo pocket has button and snap for practicing dressing skills. This does not operate the pocket but is great for increasing dressing skills
- The bottom Velcro flap operates the pocket and provides proprioceptive feedback through the Velcro
- Fidgets are sewn inside the pocket to help calm the child's sensory system
- This weighted vest was designed by a sensory certified occupational therapist
Weighted vests are great to promote calmness in kids who have sensory integration issues. Every child’s sensory needs are different. If your child is calmer when receiving proprioceptive input (deep pressure) then a weighted vest might the right tool to help them stay calm and focused.